Options for pressure release valve discharge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any alternatives to running the discharge from my 10 litre unvented water heater to the outside. I live on the 3rd floor of old tenament flats and if I could run the discharge to a internal waste pipe it would make life much simpler.

Any Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Dont know what the regs are on that, but from a 3rd floor height even if the water was scolding hot it wont be by the time it reaches the ground, I would drill an 1/12" core hole, prepare a peice of pipe with two elbows on it, slide it through the hole, when the pipe is fitted it directs the water back to the wall, then seal hole with cement from inside.no one will ever know

Yeah I can get to a soil pipe, but the guy at B&Q was saying that if I ran it to that it may end up melting the pipe.

Sponsored Links
so try pouring a kettle of boiling water down the loo if it melts the pipe i'll replace it free
ask yourself a question
if good plumbers are making so much (allegedly)why is this guy working in a shed as the retail sector is renowned for paying cr*p rates :LOL:

Oops, missed the point on unvented, they have a 28mm discharge I think, it will need to be run all the way down to ground level, better to wait for an answer from the men with an unvented ticket, soooooooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back