RADIATORS HOT ON BOTTOM AND COLD ON THE TOP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Sirs,

we are living in our home for the last 2 years and have had awful trouble with my heating - I had the whole system cleaned t this time last year and now again I note the radiators down stairs are working perfect but barely no heat up stairs - could the system be clogged again as we took off each rad indivually and washed it out and still this to happen - we also had but the necessary stuff to unclog the system - could you please advise me on the next step which I can take - we have bleed the radiators and to no avail - please help

THANKING YOU

BRID NASH

Sponsored Links
Brid, forgive an amateur responding.You drained the system to sort out the radiators, now you have to check if sufficient water is back in the system.You may have a feed pipe from your mains into the heating system which you need to turn on when you bleed the radiators, or you may have a small supply tank beside your main tank in the attic. Sometimes the ball-cock sticks in the small tank and you have to manually release it so that the water can get in to fill the tank and supply your system.You need pressure of water coming into the system to force the air out when you bleed the radiators.Sus it out and see how your system works.

Sponsored Links
Used to be able to remember stuff but me head is full up :eek: Read through some of the forum history, some people with very sensitive corns around.Is this only insecurity?U have my vote ,don't let the curmudgeons grind u down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back