Block paving - bedding (construction method)

vw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to DIY for block paving. I have done the calculation, layout and foundation investigation etc. Can you please advice me on construction method follows:

The area of block paving is about 24 sqm. If I am not able to complete the project within a day, I want to break the works into two stages.

The first day: edging block and bedding (30mm thk)
The second day: complete the rest of works

My question is:

After the first stage, can I leave the sand overnight (I try to pick the dry days during the construction), then start laying the paving block on the following day.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You will not be able to set edges in concrete and then run a vibrating plate up to or against them. Its easier to do all your edges and leave them to harden for a day. As for screeding sand and leaving it overnight no problem, but anything heavier than a brief light shower will wreck it. also you will be amazed at the footprints you will find in it the next day.

To be honest it is usually easier to work in sections anyway, assuming there are no complex sweeping sections that are not level and need to meet eachother, there is no problem with laying and plating half of the area with sand it and then starting back in on it the next day, But don't lay right to the edge of your screeded sand as you need at least a metre or so to continue your level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back