Small garden storage - recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Obviously any self-respecting reading of diynot built their own ... but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a small garden storage shed/chest.

I'm thinking of one of those that is around 4ft wide, 2 ft high or so - with a drop down front for ease of access. Something like:
this or this
(yes, I read the review on the latter!)

I know it's simple enough to build by oneself - I just lack the time/tools and um ... skill in finishing.

It's intended for storage of tools incl compact lawnmower (push), and other garden detritus. I'm looking at wood primarily for looks - metal seems a bit harsh, plastic just tacky.

Budget would be circa £200. Grateful for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If you intend spending around £200 I would go for a bigger storage chest than the one you mentioned.

I recently built a storage shed which is roughly 4' x 3' x 4' high with front access (double doors) and contrary to what I had thought, it's really not big enough for my needs.

Incidentally, I see Ferndale Lodge sell the same chest as Screwfix but their price is £146.75. They use the same photo too!

Good luck with your search.

Many thanks for that. I'd wanted it small for reasons of space in the area in which it is to sit. But I'll keep searching...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back