stench pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have applied planning permission for a kitchen extension which doesn't appear to be a problem but we have run into a possible problem with the neighbour over a stench pipe (is this called a soil stack these days?) Anyway, we don't appear to have one, but she does which she believes is shared. From what I can gather she doesn't want it to be shared any more. I don't know if this is a problem or not. I have several questions: 1. Why don't we already have a stench pipe? 2. Is it unusual for older properties to share one? 3. Is is possible to have our own and terminate the sharing without it costing the earth? It appears from some old plans I have come across that our drainage does go on to her land to join the mains. I don't know if this is relevant.

Sponsored Links
You probably have a vent pipe which allows the methane gas and other nice smells out into the atmosphere.
We have one on our bungalow which is shared too. Probably done to save money.
Your neighbour, if she doesn,t wish to share will have to pay to have the drains re-routed.
You will have to inform BCOs of any alterations to drainage.
Why does she not wish to share anyway :?: , I don't think she has much of a choice. :rolleyes:
Few hundred quid to have your very own shiny brand new gleaming state of the art soil and vent pipe :LOL:

What option is there other than to keep sharing the pipe , without digging up her garden to get to the main drain?

Sponsored Links
Please don't be so crude. It should be "is her **** different FROM everyone else's" !

Excuse my poor grammer, perhaps the lady is of the perfect type (oh look at me, my **** dont stink brigade)

just think, if you both have a cr*p and flush the loo at the same time your tu*ds will be rubbing shoulders on their way to the north sea! ha ha ha

Nice one jofly, perhaps rich people should have seperate drains so their turds dont get offended by council house turds :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back