WasherDryer wjs1397w zanussi 1250 jetstream - stopped cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cycle hangs after it has filled the drum. When it hangs a noise/motor from the the recirculation pump is running. Drum goes round on some cycles, like when its draining or filling.

- I took the recirculation pump apart and the paddles/impellor that push the water round seem to be missing!, they might of broken off not sure. should the recirc. pump have paddles like the main pump? How do i check the pump motor is ok?

- I have checked the brushes and they are a worn but ok
- Have blown down water intakes - seam ok but not click sounds
- Have cleaned out main pump and hoses (full of gunk, kids toys and a 5p that somehow got in-between the two pumps). How to check hoses are un blocked? stuck clothes hanger wire down them.
- I suppose it might be a duff heater element and thats why its hanging i.e. its needs to heat up water at that point. How do i check this?

This is a 8 year old machine, its was really full of gunk its - the 3rd time its broken in 3 years bah.. don want to buy a new one yet..
ta+

Sponsored Links
the drain pump and recirculation pumps should both have vanes on the impellors

typical was cycle is

fill
rinse
drain
fill
heat
main wash
drain
rinse
drain
spin

if it cant drain it will hang and can burn out pump

to check the pump you can connect 220/240 Volt AC to it while off the appliance (it needs impellor vanes/blades though)
or
switch to drain or spin program only, pump should operate and drain

Do you use liquid detergent and no hot washes (60 degree C or above) as this can gunge up the inners of the machine

thanks for the info

working now.. yes we use liquid soap(and it bunged up after using vanish stain/whites remover powder). Cleaning out the pumps and tubes and putting it on a hot wash with dryer has sorted it out..

is there a tool for sticking down the pipes to unblock them?

although i've now learnt that the recirculation pump (i.e. jetstream feature) is not working and i need some new brushes asap...

ta
rafal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back