Need help sorting out intercom handset replacement problem!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there just stumbled across this forum by chance and must say looks like the sort of place i need.

Need some serious advice from anyone who knows their stuff with intercom systems.

Hi there basically am a spark with some door entry knowledge but i am stumped by this one!!
Had a job to replace a faulty handset which basically has its unlock button broken.
The way someone got round this was to wire straight from the handset to a desk mounted retractive switch.
Whilst this worked fine the customer wanted it all working from one handset so i ordered a handset to replace it.
I didn't buy the same model as all the original handset was doing was just being able to communicate between desk to door and then door release.
Problem is i have tried to wire up new handset without any wiring diagrams and what ever configuration i do i can not communicate between handset and front door panel unless i press the lock release button!!!
Has anyone got any ideas where i am going wrong the handsets basically have same amount of terminals/cables etc...
Original handset was a Videx 924M new one is similar but is a Fermax.
Many thanks for any help given.

Sponsored Links
They both have a PCB. i should guess one has different internal connections than the other. easiest option get same make of handset as original

They both have a PCB. i should guess one has different internal connections than the other. easiest option get same make of handset as original
Yes your right but i'm hoping someone out there may be able to help.

short of chopping up the pcb i dont see how they can. a new handset is less than £20

Sponsored Links
Now, would this actually be a rebranded fermax unit?? newlec by any chance?

Now, would this actually be a rebranded fermax unit?? newlec by any chance?

Yes i think your right!!
Is that bad news!
:confused:
Other than you seem to be buying kit with no instruction/wiring notes and Newey don't give this info.
Now, your easiest option is prob ring Fermax in morning - if they want to help.
I take it the labour charges are now eaten up on this job?

Yeh they probably would be if i end up buying new handsets! :)
May go down phone routr or see if i can email them.
Thanks for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back