roddable p trap gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my bldg inspector says i need one of these. i can seem to find all kinds of bottle gullys (roddable), and p traps are easy enough to come by, but a combination of the 2 i cant seem to find. is it possible to put a horizontal rodding pipe onto a p gulley to achieve the same effect.
anyone know any good suppliers
thanks

Sponsored Links
Gullies aren't roddable as such, but are made accessible so that you can shove your hand in and remove the crud.

Bottle gullies are roddable, so why can't you use one of these?

You can't physically get rods through a p trap, so if you fit one of these, then you will need to fit a rodding access as soon as possible after the trap

Sponsored Links
Bottle gullies are roddable, so why can't you use one of these?

You can't physically get rods through a p trap, so if you fit one of these, then you will need to fit a rodding access as soon as possible after the trap
You can get bottle gullies with removable baffles, to permit rodding.

ETA Ignore me Woodster, I misread your post! :oops: :LOL:

Roddable gullies are available. Do a search for Hepworth Gully Code SG2/1 this particular one has a 100mm outlet.

Practically speaking bottle gullies are roddable, i agree. We use them all the time and are equipped with a removable sleeve to allow access to the pipe.

But, more often than not there are bends fitted immediately after the bottle gully outlet making rodding difficult and in most cases, impossible.

The thing is, what is going to get through a trapped gulley to require rodding in the first place?

dunno, ive never had a gulley blocked with leaves which is what was suggested to me.
anyway, thanks to the contributions, ive found what i need
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back