sexy brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To me, there is nothing more beautiful than some interesting brickwork to look at, I can't find too much on the net, is there any chance of starting up a photo collection?

Sponsored Links
When you've finished drooling over alastair's pic, here's a bit for you,

_MG_9781.jpg

Sponsored Links
Jeez, that was bad luck, just when the photographer was getting his lense out, two birds turn up and ruin the shot!...................what was the chances of that!..................seriously though boys, any spiral twisting chimney stacks etc?

Well, fancy tumbling into this!

Looks like English to me, definitely not a frog, and I would hope not too flemish. Both would make a good bond, with a header, then a stretcher on the bed - and perhaps finished off on edge? I don't know

Dentil work seems fine with no dog-toothing, and corbels seem in proportion and not too top heavy.

A nice smooth face, no perforations and not glazed either, which should make them quite nice to lay - with little, if any, entrainment. I'm not sure if the face would get messy, but I suppose it depends on the size of the trowel and the wrist action.

Nice to see that there is no double bull-nose, but that would not be as bad as a double can't - which is never good for the toolbag

As arches go, some prefer a plain rough one, some go for the single ring and some prefer a collar. Gothic can be OK, if a little awkward, but generally most go for a nice curve and a skewback. Personally, I'm not too keen on the Welsh, but some of the ladies may prefer soldiers

And if you are doing any intricate arching, don't forget to use rubbers to maintain the good looks after a few months.

clever how they did the darker bricks to get those words across as well!

Nice one noseall, HC sure is an impressive erection, I've got to get me a close up of them pots!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back