Wall black signs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a new kitchen and after removing all the old units which have been there for past 20 years, in one corner I have black marks on the plaster, looks like damp but have tested and its dry, might have had some leaks in the pipes above during the past 20 years but not now.

If the wall is OK and dry, what should I do about the black patches, should I treat them with some damp proof fluid or just leave as it is?

Wondering what to do now as I am ready to fit new units and thought something needs to be done before fitting these and covering up for another 20 years?

Any suggestions on what to do, the black patch is about 12 inches square from floorboards inside the kitchen but on the outside wall. The floor is wooden floorboards, and they have slight black marks spreading from the wall into the kitchen.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back