Vokera Compact 28 continually firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have what is essentially a Vokera Compact 28 boiler which has developed a problem. Initially there was no hot water at all and I checked the secondary thermistor, which was goosed. After I changed this though the boiler is continually firing, even when there is no call for it. Any ideas?

Regards,

<<gordy>>

Sponsored Links
no my friend
what you have is a sabre compact :D

open your wheelie bin and lob it in. :LOL:

what pipes are getting hot when it fires??
what is the led doing?

I am only guessing but can only imagine that you have put in the wrong value of thermistor and its providing heat because it thinks its protecting the boiler from a frost threat!

What exactly does a "goosed" thermistor look like or measure?

Tony

Sponsored Links
what you have is a sabre compact

open your wheelie bin and lob it in.

Yes and yes, it's been an endless stream of issues.

The original thermistor was eroded at the tip to the extent that water was leaking though the thermistor and out through the wiring. The part was changed with part no. Vokera 8484 as per expanded diagrams. The LED is green and as for the pipes, will update that later, she has had the heating and water on this afternoon, so they all are :)

<<gordy>>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back