Concrete driveway problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just paid quite a lot of money to have a small area re-concreted over for our dogs to run in. It was already old cracked concrete which was dug up and removed leaving mainly soil underneath
However now the concrete is dry, there are lots of small holes in it (possibly popped bubble holes?). When the dogs wee there, it will just go down the holes and start to smell very quickly. Also, around the edge it seems very lumpy - either the concrete was lumpy or the substrate is showing through. (No damp course was laid)
I'm going to call him back but will it be possible to put another thin layer of concrete on top or will that just crack? What should I expect him to do?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
How much did you pay? Did you know him prior? Was he a *****?

How much did you pay? Did you know him prior? Was he a *****?

Yes I knew him - he was recommended by my daughter as he did their driveway. It's his full time job, landscaping driveways. I paid £1000.

Sponsored Links
Well you don't say what a small area is. However, it should be a layer 4 inches thick and smooth and level. Ideally with a hardcore base and an anti crack additive added. If it's not then make him pull it up. Bet he lives in a caravan. Never employ someone unless you know where they live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back