6 ton of sharp sand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all - i haver 6 ton of loose sharp sand on my drive left over from a paving job. Any innovative ideas how I can get rid of it (short of hiring a skip and spading it in).

I'm in Hemel.

Darrenh

Sponsored Links
Your local Freecycle group will help, someone will come and take it away for you on there.

Sponsored Links
Put a notice by it saying, "Please do NOT remove any of this sand". :LOL:

Roughcaster.

bet youll measure up better next time!

try a free to collector ad in the friday-ad

Can't you dig a hole and put it in?

Yeh, good idea,,, oh, hang on though,,, but then you would have a "big pile of earth" to get rid of :?: mmmm ,,,, ohhh, hang on a minute Woody,,,,, i get it now,,,, you could then dig "another" big hole and put "that" earth in it,, problem solved. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Darrenh "Do you know what materials to order"

Block paver "Its OK Darren, this job is exactly like our last one so I'll order the same materials"

1 week later ......

Darrenh "Hey, I thought this job was like your last one"

Block paver "Yes, it was"

Darrenh "Well then, why have you got so much sand left over?"

Block paver "Funny that, we had 6 tonnes left over on the last job too"

:cool:

Not quite right - they had 6 tonnes of soil left over in the last job (apparently they dug a hole and put the sand it it).

I’m going to need a fair bit more than that myself this summer for a new drive & patio; if you care to stick it on a lorry & bring it up here to Norfolk I’ll take it off your hands for you, no charge at all! :LOL: :LOL:

Get your wife to make you up some long thin bags, that will fit inside your trouser legs. With a release sting you can pull from inside your pocket.

Fill the bags with the sand, visit your neighbours or a local park. When no one is looking release the sand, perhaps spreading it a bit with your feet.

Do this every day and within a few decades your pile of sand will be gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back