No Power on Potterton Combi 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Combi 80 has packed in..There are no lights working on the front panel untill I switch from constant to timed..Then the red and green lights come on together..but theres no other response no flame..no pump working...No nothing..where do I start??..co's I cant find the service manual.

Sponsored Links
more likely to be the pcb if you've no lights at all. have you checked the fuse, simplest things first. the puma pcb's burn out on the top left (rear) sometimes you can resolder the connections, sometimes the damage is too severe.

Sponsored Links
weargas said:
more likely to be the pcb if you've no lights at all. have you checked the fuse, simplest things first. the puma pcb's burn out on the top left (rear) sometimes you can resolder the connections, sometimes the damage is too severe.
I found the manual went through the troubleshooting chart and found the pcb was the fault so I removed it and just as you said it had burned out at the top left hand corner..I managed to resolder and all is now well and everything is up and running. do you know what causes this problem is it a dry joint or a bad bit in the circuit design???.

There will be several other bad joints, and the relays don't last long. But you can get a replacement board for well under shop price from someone like me, which would be an excellent idea.

baxi engineer told me that the puma pcb's are well past 14th generation.
how many tries do they need to get a pcb right? well, more that 14. kinda answered my own question there.
d'oh.

ChrisR said:
There will be several other bad joints, and the relays don't last long. But you can get a replacement board for well under shop price from someone like me, which would be an excellent idea.
Hi Chris ..What sort of price ?...Would an Honest guy like you charge for such an item.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back