k glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted a glass unit in a bathroom window it is k glass and there was a sticker on the glass saying this side indoors which meant the smooth clear was inside so i fitted it this way i got a phone call from the man to tell me it was wrong so i phoned a window firm and asked they told me that is the way they are fited now as the k glass is on the smooth which goes to the inside has anyone else had this problem

wilson

Sponsored Links
i got a phone call from the man to tell me it was wrong

Who's that then? :confused: Do you mean building control?

In reality it'll make bugger all if any difference.

However, if you really wanna know for sure contact the manufacturer on 01744 692000 and ask for their technical department. http://www.pilkington.com/Applications/Products2006/english/bybenefit/thermalinsulation/kglass/

scroll down a bit and uou'll find the following:
'The glass in your windows absorbs heat then radiates it again on the colder, outside, surface. Pilkington K Glass™ has a so-called low emissivity coating which is positioned on surface 3 (counting from the outside) of the Insulating Glass Unit (IGU).'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back