whirlpool diplomat ADP8322 dishwasher failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a couple of days when the programme switches flickered the control board blew on my Diplomat ADP 8322 ( upon removal there were a few blackened circuits) I replaced the control board with the correct replacement from Whirlpool and although the board is 'live' and the onboard on/off switch works and conducts a circuit through the various inputs and outputs the programme selector switches fail to light up and i cannot get any life from the machine. Can you advise me what else there is to check or replace.
Someone else here mentioned a 'reset' function, does anyone know where this 'reset ' is?
Peter

Sponsored Links
had this on a zanussi dishwasher
fixed the pcb
then plugged it all back in and nothing
fiddled the multi pin connectors a little
switched on & off a couple of times
hey presto

you might have wiring which is on the edge of a complete breakage. That has been my fault all along. The wiring loop was being severed progressively by a plastic sheath which was why my controls were flickering, when it finally broke it shorted out the control board, the door switch. I've noow traced and repaired the broken wiring and the cxontrol board lights up but a main switch flashes continuously indicating a fault, possibly another short. Still working on it. No help whatsoever from whirlpool, wouldnt touch them again for anything.

Sponsored Links
sounds like a complex mission pedero
but i think you are on the right track, just a case of eliminating each circuit i think .
time consuming headache material
i wish you good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back