Vokera Excell 80SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I've recently noticed that my Vokera Excell has had delay in firing when turning on a hot water tap (about 15 seconds), after reading similar posts on here I reckon that the divertor valve needs refurbishing. In past posts you mention a service kit for the valve, do any of you have the part number for this ket so I can order one???

Additionally I have also noticed that if the hot water is not used for a period of over 15 minutes when I turn a tap on I here a noise from the boiler almost like it is filling up, or there is a restriction of flow. This occurs for about 3 seconds before remedying itself. It is also accompanied by a reduced flow from the hot water tap, again this remedies itself after 3 seconds or so.

If it helps I recently replaced both the flow and domestic HW diapragm when I initially noticed the problem with the delay in the boiler firing.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Mark

Sponsored Links
does the fulcrum arm move all the way out put when you turn on a tap? does it hit the microswitch properly?

I prescribe a full service that should resolve your problems. Not many engineers do it and not many householder ask for it.

Householder often think boilers can be service in 10- 15 minutes.

Nickso,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I've not answered I've been away for a few days. The fulcrum arm does move but it takes a good 15 seconds or so to make contact witht the microswitch, it is very difficult to move the arm by hand, I'm not sure if this is unusual.

Do you think the sound that I discussed is related?

Sponsored Links
Check your pump. Turn it down to its lowest setting and see if it stops. If it does replace it. If not running correctly it won't operate the flow switch but will in CH mode as there is less resistance to flow.

Pump has nothing to do with movement of fulcrum arm. This movement is dependent on domestic manifold. Domestic manifold should operate the diverter EVEN when boiler is not plugged into the mains for power.

If the boiler works OK for CH and not for HW (fulcrum arm having traveled the full distance) only then would I be looking at possible pump malfunction (having checked flow manifold and diaphragm within)

I prescribe a full service that should resolve your problems. Not many engineers do it and not many householder ask for it.

Householder often think boilers can be service in 10- 15 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back