replacing imperial rads with metric sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace an old leaking rad. Have done others and where possible have fitted radiator extension pieces to allow for the different sizes. Currently working on a 1200mm rad to fit a 1300mm gap between valves. 2 x 40mm extenders will still not 'stretch' far enough. I dont particularly want to dig up the concrete floor. Any ideas on how else I could approach bridging this gap please?
TIA

Geoff

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Found that Screwfix do a 2'' extension too. I had found the imp sizes on the Myson site but never found a supplier for them.

Hopefully this is the end of the radiator saga as I have now replaced the last original rad, a total of 12 which had failed with rust pinholes in the last 9 months. In some cases I have used extenders where it hasnt been possible to get a same size rad. Final question for the professionals out there - How would you normally approach replacing a rad where it is not possible to get the same sized replacement? Are extenders acceptable or just an amateurs way of solving the problem?

Geoff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back