Wickes Combi 2000: ignition lockout problem - RESOLVED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was switched off for a week whist some work was done on my house. Now, when I try to switch on the hot water/heating, the Ignition Lockout light comes on and the reset button doesn't seem to reset it.

Any ideas on how to reset this other than the button on the front without an expensive callout?

Edit: I've just seen this thread so I'll try the suggestion unless anyone else has any thoughts
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18966

Sponsored Links
I've tried draining and re-entering the water but still no joy. I have no pilot light.

Any thoughts?

I have a fear of looking like a total Muppet so I have checked the gas is on and have drained the water etc but still no pilot light. The only gas appliances are the water and the heating - both via the boiler so I can't check the gas supply very easily. Paid my bills tho :)

Sponsored Links
Try turning on a hot water tap and then see if it resets.

Otherwise you may need to call a boiler engineer.

Tony

Found the solution:

Open the front cover and, at the back of the top left corner of the unit is a reset button.

Nice of Halstead/Wickes to hide it away out of sight!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back