hot water on vokera compact keeps going cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when the shower or hot water tap are in use the water is hot for about a minute then goes cold. Can anybody help. Many thanks. Malio

Sponsored Links
There can be many reasons!

Does the red light come on?

If not, what happens next?

Tony

Thanks Tony for your reply, The green light comes on when its hot,then the red when it goes cold, but sometimes it stays hot without going cold. Regards Malio

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bingobongo, I forgot to mention that i had trouble with the heating side of the boiler were the water pressure kept expanding when on, and dropping overnight to were it cut off. This was due to the balloon in the expansion vessal being deflated,which after being inflated again solved the problem. Could this have any bearing on the hot water going hot then cold. Many thanks Malio.

if pressure is ok then no.

common fault on these.

keep me in a job thanks to mrcentralheating and his sabre heatpack deals fitted by fuds fitting se boilers.(i know you can get he compacts)

usually go tits up 2 years how old is yours?

Thats unlikely unless during that situation the system became sludged up and has caused sludge in the main HE system side.

I think that it could be the CH sensor going open circuit but that would be expected to happen on CH as well although you would only notice that if you watched the red light.

This is a very annoying boiler to work on for intermittent faults because it has only one red light to indicate any of 5-6 different fault conditions.

Tony

Thanks Tony, When you talk about sludge in the HE, does this mean Heat Exchanger, because when i was trying to solve the heating problem ( pressure dropping overnight ) i thought it might be a small leak in the system and over 12mths put 3 leak seal additives into the system, could this have caused it to sludge up. Regards Malio.

I've just changed a Compact 24 SE (last month) due to an intermitant red light fault. Boiler was only three years old but the new boiler was only £360 including flue and clock.

Vokera said the fault was an ignition fault and could have been ignition PCB at about £100,Gas valve ditto or APS at about £30 or a combination of all three,new boiler was a no brainer since it came with two years warranty.

I replaced the thermistors and the overheat stat but the fault remained and the customer was over 80,the constantly having to reset the boiler was upsetting for her.

if pressure is ok then no.

common fault on these.

keep me in a job thanks to mrcentralheating and his sabre heatpack deals fitted by fuds fitting se boilers.(i know you can get he compacts)

usually go **** up 2 years how old is yours?

:D :D

Thanks Everyone, Got it fixed, was the Primary Thermistor, working fine now. ( At the moment ) Regards Malio. :D

I am experiencing the same exact problem, what did the guy you got in say and how was it fixed? Any help would be great.

In mine it was the gas pressures set incorrectly with minimum pressure too high. The system pressure problems were due to tube to expansion vessel being blocked with debris - easy to clean. Get someone who knows vokera boilers to check it is my advice - lots of plumbers don't know these boilers and cause more problems and make you buy parts you dont need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back