Bath with no legs. Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just replacing my bath (among other things). Having bought a bargin discounted one from a popular chain I have realised there are no feet/fittings for it. It was very discounted. I have the fittings from the old bath but these are too short. The bath is acrylic and has the wooden frame around the underside of the top.

Any ideas on how I can fit it with no legs (the bath not me).

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
Has it got the metal bracket that the feet screw to? if so you could probably make some feet with some M10 threaded rod. If not you could make some wooden legs and screw onto the sides of the wooden frame then pack out the bottom of the bath with some play to hold the base.

That will teach you !!!
If you cant get the fittings, I would build a frame, out of 2"x2" timber to support the top, then put the bath on it,
Them measure from bottom of bath to the floor in the three places the feet would normaly fit, then depending on the measurments Approx 6", I would guess, make up three blocks of timber about 24" long
Dont forget the blocks will all vary as the bottom of the bath slopes
Spend the money not the time, next time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I will make a frame out of 2x2 as i still have the adjustable feet from the old bath i'll use those to get the right level. Couldn't really resist the bath 180 down to 50 with taps 69 down to 10. Worth the bit of extra hassle just wasn't sure how much timber to use to hold it up.

Thanks again

Now where did I put the saw?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back