Flat roof balls up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage with a very low pitched roof. Today i felted it with a 3 layer technatorch felt system.
I asked the roofing suppler for capsheet to finish the roof. The felt he supplied has a sand finish. I have now been advised that this is the wrong felt and i should have used mineral felt, and that the felt i have used will need protecting from the sun. I am feeling both annoyed and a bit stupid. The roof will not support the weight of putting stone on the roof so what are my options? I have heard of silver uv paint but i dont really want a bright silver roof. Do i have any other options?
If i leave it unprotected how long is it likely to last?

Sponsored Links
i have seen roofs last for years without any solar protection.
you can go over the capsheet with mineral felt or use solar reflective paint which comes in other colours as well as silver.

:D green or red mineral, silver or white solar paint :?: sorry :oops:

Sponsored Links
Google 'Solaflect' white or silver. Why won't it take chippings? If your worried about them slipping, get some cutback and bond them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back