a decent price?

just thought id let you know steptoe and son came to do the guttering, 2 men 2 hours 1 ladder, they knocked the old one off and just let it drop, apparantly i was lucky i had the window shut :confused:

Sponsored Links
****oles its easier to bust it off a section at a time and carry it down the frikkin ladder.........no mess, no damage.
guys like that make me sick!!! its just luck the cast never bounced up and bust a window or door not to mention slabs and fences.
a mash hammer and bolster chisel and a couple of whacks at the bolt and it comes off clean.
if they worked for me they would have got their jotters pronto :evil:

hope the job turned out ok though :D

well i wasnt best impressed ill tell you, but its been 8 hours and its still up so all good so far!

quick update, the effingthing was split when i looked up the other day, so bodgit and scarper had done a great job indeed, i called them and they saidthey would sort it, when i got home from work i had a note saying ti had been glued now, what glue would they be using and will it last now????

Sponsored Links
if the gutter or fitting has split it should be replaced (not glued or siliconed) its a tenner for a 4m length of gutter and 2 or three quid for a fitting! why glue whats supposed to be a new job?

get steptoe and his cohort back to do it properly! if i were you :confused:

if the gutter or fitting has split it should be replaced (not glued or siliconed) its a tenner for a 4m length of gutter and 2 or three quid for a fitting! why glue whats supposed to be a new job?

get steptoe and his cohort back to do it properly! if i were you :confused:

i did mean it had split at a join, sorry if didnt make that bit clear

well i wasnt best impressed ill tell you, but its been 8 hours and its still up so all good so far!
you might be ok. There is a cottage in village I used to live in . 35 years and counting since I did the guttering ;) In fact it`s still the unfashionable grey plastic. House been refurbed and a bypass built since. I`m so sad I still take the old road to do a drivepast checkout of it occasionaly :oops: That`s when Plumbers like me did the gutterings and leadwork. Not the Travelling Community that took a lot of it over :evil:

just a quick update for anyone interested, maybe one person? :confused:

anyways, it split he came to fix it

water was p*ssing out over the down pipe

he came to fix it

he came to fix it

and for a third time

he came to fix it

with all the rain it started to annoy me,
today he told me that there was nothing wrong with pipe, i was working so wasnt here when he came but got a snotty note (on fag packet) that there was nothing wrong and they had used my hose to check it and it worked perfectly.

so this afternoon when it came from the heavens like there was only 39 days left for me i went outside and video'd it coming down and also video'd all other houses pipes working perfectly

then rang him, after the bs he said ill come out now.

went up the ladder and removed a large peice of something he says is off the roof, asks me for £35 to come out and do this........

ok i said ill pay you the £35 now if you can explain to me why youve told me you checked the guttering TODAY and didnt find this?

no answer. he left tail between his legs.

should call rogue traders!

well what can be said about characters like that ?

personally i put customer relations before a few piddly quid :confused:

if i get a call out and its a quick fix such as yours was or even a missing slate/tile at the eave i wont charge anything..........resulting in a customer gained for the decent jobs with associated recommendations...... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back