Thorn apollo boiler noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Thorn Apollo 15/30b boiler which has been working fine until a couple of days ago

The boilers outer casing gets extremely hot and seems noisier than normal, I did replace a double rad a couple of months ago but made sure I bled all rads.
I am going to do a drain down anyway using sludge remover and then inhibiter because its due but am wondering if the low stat on the flow pipe is defective, I know the high and low stat control the temp.
Other than that it operates normally when heat or hot water is called for.

Any info would be truly appreciated.

Semi-acoustic

Sponsored Links
If its noisy at boiler and casing getting hot it could be some insulation has fell onto burner or it is in urgent need of a service

Sponsored Links
Hi namsag, BingoBongo,

Took casing off, no sign of soot or loose insulation anywhere ? seems as though boiler is working overtime.
I checked the condition of the hi and lo stats and the base of one of them looked corroded like when a dead battery is left in a torch for a year,

I gave them both a clean but will get it serviced next month so it has been turned off for now, thanks for your advice.

Semi-acoustic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back