chimney flue scaffold question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to drop a flexible flue liner and chimney pot cowl down my chimney - the sort that just hangs on the old chimney pot, to avoid too much messing about. When I was quoted for this by a professional, the biggest expense seemed to be the scaffolding, so I'd like to save a few quid, if I can, by doing the roof part myself, and maybe get someone in to do the plate and connection at the bottom.

It's a cottage on two floors, slate roof, all pretty standard. I can get up on the roof easily enough, and use a ridge ladder to reach the chimney. I can probably use a rope to pull the flexi-flue up there. But I need a platform really, and ideally, a platform with some stuff to hang onto, and which maybe provides 12" of lift to make it easier to look down the chimney pot.

Question: Does such a thing exist? Is there anything which can sit on the ridge, with maybe a support of some sort further down to provide an upright for a platform? And what might it cost to hire? Are there any things I should watch out for which might damage the roof? Any ideas would be welcome. I don't especially want to fall from the roof doing this.

Sponsored Links
You're a superstar! Thanks, roofer - I would never have found that in a hundred years. You reply has probably made the difference between this getting done, and it not getting done. I'm a very happy camper...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back