vaillant ecotec plus 837 hot water but no c/h?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have no central heating working. It was all working fine but suddenly it has stopped! The c/h knob has fell off and i can't get it back on but it was still working.....even with this problem now it doesn't do anything except the hot water.

any suggestions.

ta

Sponsored Links
Is the radiator symbol in the digital display? Press the 'i' button and tell us what 'S' code shows when you think ch should be on.

The 5 is actually an s,what are the actuall numbers displayed after the s?

Sponsored Links
Forgot to put,no radiator symbol means no call for heating.

the wall sensor flashes orange but then i dont' get a green light. It use dto work a week ago. i turned it off and it doesnt now? ive turne dthe stat right down and pressed reset etc but still nothing. Don't think its parts just a connection fault maybe?

ps any idea how i get the knob back on? it has a littl ered thing inside but only does up when fully wound clockwise?

Assuming you have a wireless stat/programmer, when you turned it off, it has lost 'communication' with the receiver unit.

You need to follow MI's and re-lock the stat and receiver together again.

Doesn't sound like a boiler problem from here and S107 doesn't exist.

hi thanks for replies. Have checked code which is S.30 so room thermostat no heating demand.

I have put trv's on the rads but it did work with these on before. I do have wireless stat etc but how do i reconfigure as such?

thanks,

reset stat etc and now all working fine. thanks for all your help.

Still can't get know to go back on though!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back