Old plastic guttering problem. Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My folks have an old 4" plastic gutter servicing the flat roof of their kitchen extension. There's been a leak (only during very heavy rain) for a while now from the external stop end which this morning decided to give up the ghost and fall off. One of the clips has broken off and the gasket has perished (probably the cause of the leak). I've looked for a replacement stop end on the usual websites (wickes, b&q, screwfix) but they are all of the 112mm variety (4.4") which obviously won't fit.

Has anyone any advice on where i can find one that will? What metric size size should I be looking for (100mm perhaps)? Do they just not make them any more? Or is there some workaround I could use? I really don't want to have to replace the whole lot as there is nothing else wrong with it.

Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
sounds as though the gutters are past their sell by date!
the rubber seals have rotted and the pvc has become brittle with age.

anyway you can stick the stopend back on with some silicone which should last until something else drops off :LOL:

Not the answer I wanted!

You're probably right, I should replace the whole lot :(

I've just started putting a new bathroom in at my place and I could have done without the extra hassle. I'll probably just stick it back on with mastik and fix it properly later in the summer.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back