Fire Pit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced all my garden fencing, and was wondering would it be safe to break up and use in my fire pit in the garden. It was stained in the past with cuprinol. Thank you for reading.

Sponsored Links
should burn some pretty colours with all those chemicals in it... :)

your best bet is to contact cuprinol and ask them for a COSH sheet....

if its tanalised, i.e. slightly green (before the cuprinol obviously) its not really a good idea to burn it as it has many horrible things in it.

Sponsored Links
:oops: :oops: :oops: oh well, just don't breath in.

I burnt some old railway sleeper offcuts plus some old creosoted fence posts, they went up a treat :eek:

if its tanalised, i.e. slightly green (before the cuprinol obviously) its not really a good idea to burn it as it has many horrible things in it.

Looks like my husband will be spending most of tomorrow at the tip. :)

if its lap panels then they are not normally tanalised wood. If its being burnt outside then as long as you dont burn too much in any one go there shouldnt be an issue.

Thank you all for your help, after reading I didn't want to risk burning them. So I offered them on freecycle, and I have had lots of people wanting to take them off my hands. So its all good. :D

I have just replaced all my garden fencing, and was wondering would it be safe to break up and use in my fire pit in the garden. It was stained in the past with cuprinol. Thank you for reading.
I know you''re sorted with this, but just to let you know that I've done exactly that! (in case someone else reads this thread)

We've just pulled down a woven fence (like a larch-lap, but woven). I'd guess the fence was 15-20 years old, and had probably been painted with all sorts over the years. Burned a treat, the panels went up really quickly and the posts burned nice and slowly. With regard to the chemicals... I'm still here so far!

Trouble is that we live in a smokeless zone, so we did it after dark!

Andy

Thank you all for your help, after reading I didn't want to risk burning them. So I offered them on freecycle, and I have had lots of people wanting to take them off my hands. So its all good. :D

It never ceases to amaze me, the kind of sh*te you can get rid of on freecycle. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back