Temporary removal of bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit new to plumbing but thought I'd give it a shot. We are getting some tiling work done in a small bathroom next week and I need to remove the radiator, toilet and sink. I've managed the radiator and toilet, but not the sink.

It does not have any shutoff valves under the sink so I am guessing I need to turn off the water supply using the main cutoff under the kitchen sink? I have a 2 year old new build house so assume it is a combi boiler??

Do I just turn off the supply, run the bathroom sink taps till empty and then turn the main supply back on when complete? Any air/bleeding/boiler issues I need to consider?

Many thanks - Stu

Sponsored Links
if its a combi just shut off the mains water supply and isolate the boiler so it don't fire up on hot water when you open the hot tap
if you drain the lowest taps then you can fit isolation valves in the basin pipework.
make it easier when you fit the basin back.

Hi - thanks for replying - can you explain what you mean by isolating the boiler?

Also - is there a way I can confirm that it is in fact a combi?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back