I need a Vertex Flue for a Potterton Prima 40F Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help - does anybody know where i can get a new vertex Flue kit for a Potterton Prima 40F. the original has corroded and cannot find a replacement. without it I have no heating/hot water and have been quoted £4000 for a new boiler which i won't need if i can find a new flue

Sponsored Links
any chance of photo of corroded part.
many boiler makers do not make/supply flues now due to condensing boilers.pretty crap in my opinion.
most flues were made for the boiler makers ,so some research there could help.
pott prima/profile the maker supplies a repair kit for where corrosion eats away the horizontal flue,maybe a kit for your flue.
good luck.

If its corroded after the air break in loft then the flue pipe should be standard selkirk flue pipe. Readily available but needs to be installed by RGI as there are safety checks to be done on vertex flues

Sponsored Links
unfortunately the corrosion is just below the air break. it is actually at the "saucer" the mesh or air break sits in....any ideas ??

quote="petit_pablo";p="1206061"]If its corroded after the air break in loft then the flue pipe should be standard selkirk flue pipe. Readily available but needs to be installed by RGI as there are safety checks to be done on vertex flues[/quote]

hi did you buy this part?

would be interest to know if it worked as i need one!

cheers

hi just called cove controls and they said this part is for a suprima

any other ideas?

I think the OP must have it sorted out by now - look at the date stamp on the post. :rolleyes:

Start a new thread.

thanks i have started a new thread

i posted in hope that they might reply with a solution even though i know it was a long time ago

fingers crossed someone will respond!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back