Remote TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have 2 radiators that get hot at the top and not at the bottom, so I guess I need to remove the radiator and flush out the offending sludge. However, these 2 radiators are controlled by \\\"remote\\\" TRV\\\'s i.e. there is a dial attached to the wall and a capillary tube from there to the valve attached to the radiator (the reason for this is that the radiators are enclosed in an in-built enclosure). My question is, how do I close off this type of valve in order to remove the radiator.

Thanks for any advice
Steve

Sponsored Links
They would have come with "decorators caps". Call the manufacturer, they'll send you a couple.

kevplumb said:
you take the sensing head off and fit the decorators cap
(which you havent got ) i assume

Your assumption is correct. We moved into the house in April this year and I wasn't left any caps. The units are made by Danfoss. Do you think I could get just the caps from them?

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
hello please help im single :LOL: so i have no one to warm me up in bed also the rads stopped working :cry: .cool bottom cold top,have tryed bleeding released air but no water. :!: but could hear water moving about somwhere.it is a pump system baxi bermuda{wish i was in burmuda would,nt need it }ive checked tank and it is full.please help..kind regards, martina

hello please help im single :LOL: so i have no one to warm me up in bed also the rads stopped working :cry: .cool bottom cold top,have tryed bleeding released air but no water. :!: but could hear water moving about somwhere.it is a pump system baxi bermuda{wish i was in burmuda would,nt need it }ive checked tank and it is full.please help..kind regards, martina

hello please help im single so i have no one to warm me up in bed also the rads stopped working.cool bottom cold top,have tryed bleeding released air but no water.but could hear water moving about somwhere.it is a pump system baxi bermuda{wish i was in burmuda would,nt need it }ive checked tank and it is full.please help..kind regards martina

hello please help im single so i have no one to warm me up in bed also the rads stopped working.cool bottom cold top,have tryed bleeding released air but no water.but could hear water moving about somwhere.it is a pump system baxi bermuda{wish i was in burmuda would,nt need it }ive checked tank and it is full.please help..kind regards martina

hello please help im single so i have no one to warm me up in bed also the rads stopped working.cool bottom cold top,have tryed bleeding released air but no water.but could hear water moving about somwhere.it is a pump system baxi bermuda{wish i was in burmuda would,nt need it }ive checked tank and it is full.please help..kind regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back