Fixing around a pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fibreglass pond mould that I have sunk into the ground and now want to disguise the approx 4" wide horrible green lip with some random sized lumps of crazy paving type slab. Could some one tell me the best way to fix them, am I best to dig out around the lip and lay in a mortar bed around and on top of the lip to support them all, will the pond flex and crack the bed.
Is there a better way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How big are the slabs of crazy paving? They will need to overhang the pond by an inch or so to hide the rim (for aesthetic reasons as well as to protect from daylight and it's subsequent damage/cracking of the dry surface). They will also need to be wide enough to allow for 3/4 to be on dry land, as it were, to provide adequate support underneath and prevent excess pressure being placed on the rim.

Firmly compacted sand beneath the rim (wouldn't use mortar since don't want to sandwich it with something solid) then mortar slabs into place over their full area - apart from the overhang, obviously.

Prevent mortar from dropping into water since livestock doesn't like it's toxicity, and coat with pond concrete sealant (G4?), and insert some tubes into this mortar bed to allow for overflow.

Sponsored Links
I have a fibreglass pond mould that I have sunk into the ground and now want to disguise the approx 4" wide horrible green lip with some random sized lumps of crazy paving type slab. Could some one tell me the best way to fix them, am I best to dig out around the lip and lay in a mortar bed around and on top of the lip to support them all, will the pond flex and crack the bed.
Is there a better way?

Thanks

have you thought of using BONDING PASTE? I think it's a resin based product that is used for bonding,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back