Roofing felt repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, having found a small pool of water on the kitchen window sill, it seems the lower edge of the roofing felt has given up!

It's clay tile on top, and only a single story, so easy to work on....

Just wondered what the best 'repair' method is (the rest seems OK, just the edge that's gone).

About 2M long.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
you can fit eaves trays View media item 10963 if the felt at the eaves has perished.
though its the tiles that prevent the water from coming through the roof not the felt! check you dont have any slipped/broken tiles.

Tiles are ok, without going into too much detail, a small amount ow water ingres is OK.

Those trays look nifty, although probably not wide enough. I think I'll just remove the bottom run of felt and replace - probably easier than trying to repair!

Might still use those trays though!

Sponsored Links
the tray are designed to sit under the felt, to prevent it from sagging, and water pooling. You really shouldnt have an issue if the tiles are OK, so i would give the main roof some attention as a priority

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back