Vokera boiler locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen a few posts about this issue and wonder if anyone can offer advice. We bought a cottage that has a 9-year old Vokera Maxin 28e boiler controlled by a Danfoss 715 time switch. While it provides adequate hot water for kitchen, bathroom etc, we soon found it was locking out every 9th or 10th start. A service file showed this fault ran right back to the month after installation (May 2000) with more visits than Blackpool Tower and old bills for replacing: sensor electrode, start electrode, gas valve, o/heat stat, pump o/run stat, ignition unit, diaphragm. Last October a technician replaced the gas valve (again). Other repairs included : "remove air restrictors", "re-pressurized expansion vessel", "set htg gas rates", "adj. soft light", "cleaning fan, venturi, heat exchanger and burner". None of this has worked for long, if at all. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Yeah,change it.

Or pap it right back to Vokera on a fixed price repair of £170 odd or £290 for their one plus service which includes the fix and a year's contract.

Tony.

Thanks for that suggestion, I didn't know about those deals, might try one before giving up entirely. But I'd really like to know what else it could possibly be since it seems to have almost totally re-built since installation.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have had everything changed apart from the main pcb.

The strange thing to me, is that it was never fixed by Vokera under warranty :confused:

This should have been an ongoing fault that was fixed by them, even if it meant replacing the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back