Spirovent Deaerator and dirt separator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any experience of these in use, guys :?: This would probably solve my dirt problems :idea:

Sponsored Links
I've had one on a test rig, they work, they are used on industrial systems, but WHAT is your dirt problem? They will not work to cure all ills, nor will anything else.

fitted them in houses mutts nuts if you must know,but they are expensive fit full bore isolation either side for maintenace purposes:cool:

Sponsored Links
Hi Oilman, the properties I am responsible for have various different types of boilers, but several have had dirt problems - e.g. diverter valves, heat exchangers, pumps - which have affected them to a greater or lesser degree in the past, invariably causing drain down, flushing, and frequently, parts replacement. I am looking for a fix to what is, for me, an ongoing problem, despite maintaining inhibitor levels, and regular servicing. :?:

It may help, the cost is about £50 for either a vent or a dirt seperator and about £100 for a combined unit. They are available in 22mm and 28mm compression.

Good move, if theres plenty of dirt in the system, the strainers will block up. If there's very fine particles going round they wil continue to go round. I suppose it depends if you have a real problem and want a real solution.:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back