Short Circuit Capacity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one, I forgot to note the Short circuit capacity of the MCB's today and checked through the OSG, would it be fair to assume that a type B MCB is 6KA and a type C MCB 10K or can they both vary?

Sponsored Links
No, they can vary. Look for the figure in the box or one preceded by the letter M.

mmm they are wylex MCB's some 3 phase and some single phase, the only writing on the MCB was NSB-B and the current rating on the 3 phase MCB's. The figure must be written on the side which is a little inconvenience.

NSBs are 6Ka AFAIK

Shouldn't you be using PSBs in a 3 phase board?

Sponsored Links
NSBs are 6ka
PSBs are 10KA
It depends on what the PFC is and wether or not there is backup protection.

I wasn't sure if that was the only difference between NSBs and PSBs ,I wasn't sure if NSBs were ever intended t be used in 3ph boards, I know the NSB blanks don't fit 3ph boards properly (have been forced to use them as short term measure)... but then the NSB blanks are pretty pants all around!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back