Greenstar 30CDi low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The boiler pressure bar is showing 0 and it won't fill up when I try putting the key in and turning it to lock then opening the plastic square screw. When I turn the plastic screw there is no sound of water filling the boiler.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
yeah sorry it's a greyish white colour directlt to the left of the key.

dunno

are you sure the key is in right and turning the valve is the knob turning the other valve

it may be blocked

its a piece of string question unless your there

Sponsored Links
i followed the instruction - line the arrow on the key with the unlocked padlock symbol and insert key fully then turn the key towards the locked padlock symbol (it wont go beyond this its definitely locked in place) then i unscrewed the greyish knob .

OK I rang WB and they took me through the same procedure to fill the boiler. He said that they would send an engineer out next Tuesday as it sounds like the valve is blocked. He suggested that a yearly service was needed to stop this happening again.

The boiler was only installed February 2008 and the installer said that the warranty was for 2 years and no service was needed until after 2 years.

The WB support person asked me if it had been serviced and I said no because of what I was told during the installation. He said because it was only installed last year they would honour the warranty but normally it would not be covered because it had not been serviced.

He said that for yearly service WB would charge £115.

Should I have had this serviced after the first year?

Also does that cost seem about right?

Thanks.

Bear in mind the cost of the service is extortionate but if you have a private gas man prob gonna charge £65 for service plus the cost of the filling section and time to fit it so in this instance you will break even so use wb. next time a service is due go private. HSE recommends gas appliances are serviced every 12 months.

The WB man came out and found that the non return valve had been fitted the wrong way round. It's all working now. Thanks.

The installer was wrong, or you misunderstood him.

WB require the boiler to be serviced every year of the warranty support period or they can cancel your cover.

I don't know how the boiler was filled if the valve is the wrong way round. Do you have another external filling loop somewhere?

No he definitely said that it woulnd't need servicing for 2 years and that it was covered under a 2 year warranty and the boilers were really reliable.

I don't know how it was originally filled. The WB engineer couldn't work that out either. There is no other filling loop anywhere.

After calling WB and asking for help, being that my 30CDi wasn't cheap, they flatly refused to give me any assistance - told me to get one of their (I guess £250 a day) engineers in. So after persistence I got through to some one who mentioned that the PRV may need re-setting. Job done. Very simple. Basically the copper pipe that goes thorugh your external wall has a red plastic handle/valve and this needed to be turned 90 degrees back to restore pressure. So bloody simple - yet so easy for the company to not advise - why ? Money. I bought their bloody product. Never again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back