Clarification of national speed limits for vans

Sponsored Links
i knew about it, but thankfully i have been lucky so far :LOL: :LOL:

both my past speeding tickets were justified. 59 in a 50 zone and 98.2 on a motorway ! :oops: :oops:

don't go that fast these days as I know the Bastds will be hiding somewhere.

Yes I was done in my despatch.

Reading that I can't see that my Combo is based on a car so that'll be on the lower limits.

Best buy a Berlingo van next then which is based on the Berlingo car..

Sponsored Links
It certainly hasn't stopped many Pratna Vans going over 60. :(

Depends also upon the Unladen and max laden weights weather it gets the higher limit

Speedlimits.jpg

White Vanman's NOT Very FAQs.
Clarification:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/vanspeedlimits[/b]

can i just add one more to this,if you drive a company van and it as a limiter fitted,lets say 62 mph you cannot go in lane three of a motorway
(the fast lane to some people) even thou the van may be permitted other wise
bob

course you can.. if the vehicle in lane 1 is traveling at 50MPH, and the vehicle in lane 2 is traveling at 52MPH ( as is often the case with bloody lorries when goin uphill ) then you have every right to use the third lane to overtake..

no vehicle should travel in lanes 2 or 3 for an extended period of time as they are overtaking lanes, you should pull back into lane 1 as soon as it is safe to do so..

good evening
sorry coljack,we have had a few of our drivers pulled by the wonderful motorway police and cautioned
there seems to be a anomaly(hope i spelt that right) in the rules and until it is cleared they are advising not to use lane three
bob

I drove a luton that had a speed limiter... the bl**dy great brick-shaped box on the back stopped it going over 50mph.

THese speed limits have been in for years. Before retiring I drove a LDV Highloader and stuck to the limits. Another thing worth noting for you trades people out there, If you have a 3.5tonne gross weight van, The bigger transits etc, and fit a towing hitch you require a tachograph fitted, allthough you need not use it except when towing, when the tacho rules apply. Also not many people realise that if you hang a little trailer behind your car you are limited to 60mph on motorways and cannot use the third lane.

So my dispatch van can only do 60 on the motorway and 50 on national speed limit single lane roads then?

Surely it would take a traffic cop who is a right ass hole to do you for that?...

Whats the chances of finding one like that eh? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back