Noisy Baxi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new apartment and have been very disappointed and astonished with the noise of my Baxi Bahama boiler everytime it is switched on. There is a continuous banging noise, like a drum beat, which continues for the entire time I have the system switched on. I have read on other sites/message boards the the noise could be down to sludge or scale but the building is only 4 years old so how likely is this? Could it perhaps be trapped air?
Please help as I have always had oil central heating before and am unfamiliar with the working of natural gas systems

edited see 5

Sponsored Links
play some cd's in the background to see which song's beat matches the drum beat. let us know which song it is and we'll have an idea of what the noise sounds like.

I hope it's not a polka!

Not sure about the drum beat, at 6.30 in the morning it does sound a bit like the best of Q 'N' R though!
So you think bleeding the radiators or changing the thermocouple might fix it then, so is it maybe just a case of trapped air in the system?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back