ariston microgenus 28mffi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, need some info about my ariston boiler. i had a fault code showing e06 on the display and traced it to the temperature probe and clip via the manufactures booklet.my problem is the boiler fires up and goes off on both heating and hot water after a couple of minutes. i observed it and it was all melted and bubbled. i replaced the probe and retested the boiler and initally it was fine but after an hour or so it then began to switch off again on both dhw and heating again. im now leaning towards maybe the p.c.b or at worst a blocked heat exchanger.
any thoughts please guys.

Sponsored Links
Is the gasrate as expected?
Any effect changing the boiler stat from high to low?

it doesnt stay on long enough to gas rate it! it is now only about 20 seconds and then it goes off. ive veiwed another post by someone from a couple of years ago and it seems like the same problem as mine.

i have also observed the flame spark electrode continuing to spark after the flame has ignited which is now really pushing me towards the p.c.b. they are really expensive though so might go for a new boiler as would be gutted if i pay over £200 for a p.c.b and then start to encounter more problems in the future as these boilers seem really unreliable and cheap!

Sponsored Links
To get a good boiler properly installed will cost upwards of £1500.
Might be an idea to spend a call out charge on a professional diagnosis, even though they are not very good boilers.

err TBF ben

they got a bad name cos they where cheap and tex ritter was shoving them in

TBF?
tex ritter?

duh :oops:

I know they are pretty carp, but it might be something as innocent as a couple of loose connections or a duff probe that will cost under a £100 to fix including a service. With a bit of luck that could buy you 2 or 3 years.
Unless budget is no problem (fairly rare these days), the alternative would be another cheapo boiler.

Ah, aaahh seee. Never been much into westerns.

And TBF?

to be frank?
to be funny?
to be fu**ked
to be fissed as a part?

No wonder I did not recognise the abbreviation. :D

Why would I be fair? Life isn't fair, so why should I?
Remember that bloke who looked at you when you were rolling around in the cradle and said: "hey Kevvie, don't worry me son, life is gonna be fair to you."?

Same guy became a frontbencher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back