Checking pump on Avanta Plus 35c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any easy way I can see if the pump is OK on my boiler ? The manual states stuff like "turn the spindle with a screwdriver" which would be helpful if I knew where the spindle was :) Other stuff states remove chrome centre screw to vent pump and spin the shaft to check the impeller can move freely ?

Are there any easy checks and would venting the pump do any good or am I more likely to flood the house

Sponsored Links
have you checked your plate heat exchanger as per your other post? if your heating's working its unlikely going to be the pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks kevplumb.

I think fiddling with the heat exchanger is beyond me, micky. I was hoping to find some easy fix if that's all it needed but think it's beyond me and will have to get someone in It works ok for a while if you like a shallow bath :) but then cuts out and is now giving a E1 error which also mentions the pump but I imagine it's more likely to do with the hot water flow not being sufficient and it tripping out because the temp is getting too high

I've no idea if the hot water side of the boiler also uses the pump to maintain flow or just uses the normal mains water pressure to push it thru

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back