Boiler burner light not coming on/no HW or CH help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im hoping someone can help me.

I have a Chaffoteaux Britony Combi 80 and when I try for HW or CH the boiler doesnt fire up and I cant hear a spark generation. The pump runs and it sounds like it usually does but there is no flame or orange light coming on and no HW or CH.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be or think I need to PCB replacing?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The flow switch.. is that the same as the DHW flowstat? If it is I got that replaced last month.

Is the fan pressure switch easy to check?

Ah yes Ive found them. The left hand size flow switch (DHW) has been replaced not long ago. Could the other flow switch also need replacing?

And also would you try replacing the pressure switch before the PCB?

Thanks

Cheers for the help. Ive got a guy coming round this afternoon. Lets hope it doesnt cost me a bomb!

Turns out its the fan.
If I hold the inner casing open slightly the boiler ignites and works fine so this would suggest the fan isnt working correctly?

Ive had a look at replacing one and it looks pretty easy. Few screws/connections, twist it out and pop the new one in. Is there anything I need to know or can It be replaced this easily?

Thanks,

If I hold the inner casing open slightly the boiler ignites and works fine so this would suggest the fan isnt working correctly?

na

what did the guy that came have to say :?:

and stop messing with things you don't understand :evil:

Thats what he did.. he held opened the inner casing about 2inches and the boiler ignited. He said this was due to the fan not working correctly and that I need a new fan.

I found one on ebay so im thinking of fitting it myself.

I found one on ebay so im thinking of fitting it myself.

WTF.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back