corrugated sheet steel over insulation board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heyho,

(my first post so be gentle!)

I'm renovating a brick shed's flat roof as part of a conversion to a garden office/workshop/den. The shed has a slightly sloping roof of 3x3 Metres with a pitch (if you can call it that!) of about 3 degrees (one wall is 2 courses higher than the opposite. I'm using TR31 boards (see link at end) over the joists, which are attached directly on top of a wall plate and overhang by 200mm either end. These are insulation with a vapour barrier and a plywood top. My original plan was a rubber membrane directly over the TR31 boards. However, on reflection it's a rural area with a mixture of farm and residential. The majority of buildings other than houses have corrugated steel roofing, and so I am considering this instead.

I'd be grateful for some advice on:

How should I attach the corrugated steel sheeting to the top of the TR31 boards? I'm concerned about possible wind uplift. Should I attach straight through the TR31 boards and directly into the joists below?

What type of membrane/felt (if any?) should I use above the TR31 boards
and below the corrugated sheeting? They're not supposed to get wet at all. Would a standard roof tile underlay tiles work here? It would be completely hidden from view.

http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/ireland/tr31.htm

Cheers
Ferg

Sponsored Links
Bad etiquette to reply so soon to your own topics I know....

Kingspan have recommended that I use a breathable membrane under the corrugated sheeting and above the TR31 boards.

Cheers
Ferg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back