cold rads downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with this little problem. I have two large rads downstairs in the front room which are always cold even though all the upstairs ones are hot. I tried bleeding all rads but this made no difference. Clean/clear water came out of the rads when I bled them. I tried turning off ALL other rads except the 2 downstairs and this DID make them come on nice and hot. I then turned all the other ones back on. But the next day the downstairs ones were cold again.

The system is a fully pumped system with a total of 12 rads, 2 2-port motorised on/off zone valves, one for HW and one for CH.

The pump speed is set on 3, and I already tried bleeding the pump.
The boiler is a Marathon make.
Any ideas anyone?? :(

Sponsored Links
Have you tried balancing the system? Are all the lockshields fully open upstairs?

Thanks for your help. All the lockshield valves are fully open! I will attempt to balance the radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back