Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic - started leaking, any guidance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI there,

First time message. Got home last night to find that our Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic has sprung a small but steady leak and is dripping water. This is coming from behind the wall mounted boiler above the left hand Safety Valve discharge pipe connection (quite a bit higher as we can't see the exact source).

Turned power off etc but has continued leaking and water pressure gauge now reading 0. Top of the unit was very hot. Have now managed to extinguish pilot light.

Besides calling an engineer in is there anything we could do ourselves? Shoudl I try to unscrew the unit cover to find source of leak?

Any comments much appreciated!

ze Dutch Kiwi

Sponsored Links
post some pictures of your boiler/leak it would help to us advise you better
it is not advisable to remove the combustion cover of the appliance as this is works for a rgi

sounds like its coming from the pipe from your expansion vessel maybe just a washer thats perished. for time been u can try repressurisng the boiler to get hot water. if its something like heat exchanger only thing i can think of high up where u cant see on the boiler then as gas pro said u need an rgi

sounds like a burst expansion vessel to me. possibly pump or heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
I would be looking at the auto air vent for leaks.

Boiler case should be cool when no CH or HW demand.

I can safely say the boiler will almost certainly be (long overdue) a proper service as mentioned in the manual.

Like the Vaillant VCW or Sine 18, this boiler keeps on chugging to give up the ghost one days. First person that comes along wants to replace this workhorse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back