Verge Slates

S

stoorie

When slating a small extension, I have started slating in one corner and worked along from it and upwards at the same time. I haven't used slate and a half's at the verge because they were much thicker than the standard slates. I have cut half's for up one verge and fixed them with an alloy nail in the side and one in the head. However when I have reached the other side of the roof I am left with slightly less than half a slate. The roof is sarked and I haven't got a good fixings for the half's.
Any body with suggestions of a good way to fix will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What size of slate are you using?

If for instance you are using a 400 by 250 the last full slate before the half slate can have any thing up to 50 mm taken off ,by this your gonna increace the size of your half by 50 mm

Many thanks.

The size of slates are 500 x 250mm. I know that that would still have an acceptable side lap but I was thinking it might look out of place. I was thinking of screwing a 2x1 lath to the wall and using that as my fixing. This could then be covered by a dry verge afterwards such as manthrope smart verge. This would have to be done on both sides though and would add cost.

Which would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Personaly i would just cut them back easier and cheaper.

To be honest you might think it does'nt look right but after it's done you'll probably rarley give it a second look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back