Scantronic 9448+ tamper alarm (with tamper linked out)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, in July 2008 I had an intermittent problem with my 9448+ where the tamper alarm would trigger (with the alarm set or not set).

As I was going away on holiday I did the following:

1) replaced the battery with a Yucel one from my local alarm supplier
2) linked the global tamper in the panel (i.e. linked the two A/T terminals)
3) linked the 0v and TR terminals in the panel (to eliminate the bellbox)
4) and I think I linked the 0v and TR terminals in the external sounder as well (a Westech Armourflash)

Anyway, all has been fine over the last year until about 2 am this morning (alarm not set) the alarm triggered with the tamper light on again (internal sounder, I did not notice if the external one was sounding)

It will reset OK and has not gone off since the early hours. As I am soon to go on holiday (it always happens before going away!!) I checked the panel tamper switch (engineer access walk test) and it seems OK.

Any ideas what could be causing this
thanks

PS I fitted the alarm system about 10 years ago and it has been fine, apart from this problem!

Sponsored Links
If all tamper cicuits are linked out, then it sounds like it might be a wiring problem.

Other things that can cause spurious tamper faults are water getting in the external box, neighbours switching lighting on or a taxi going past and using his radio.... amongst a couple of million other things :(

Two comforting things to do if you are worried about upsetting neighbours with false alarms whilst you are away..... program the bell timeout for just 2 or 3 minutes and perhaps fit a cut-out timer in the external box.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info, I have changed the battery again as a duff battery triggers a tamper fault on the 9448+ and I have set the bell time to 3 mins - we will see what happens!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back