Smeg DI612CA Dishwasher - Error codes 1 & 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all, new to the forum so hello!

I'm having some issues with my dishwasher where it runs for a few minutes, appears to be filling and emptying, but then stops flashing fault code E2.

I have done some reading on the forum and completed a number of the trials as recommended, but have had no joy in getting things up and working again.

So far, I have dismantled the inside as far as I can and there is no water inside.

I have disconnected all the plumbing to check for blockages, but all appears to be fine. The inlet from the mains doesn't seem to be fitted with an Aquastop, so perhaps that is somewhere else?

After putting it back together and trying to run it again, it seemed to take a lot longer to reach the same conclusion (I assume this is the 3 fills before issuing the fault command), but now it shows error code E1.

I see that the most common issues are to do with the float and the pressure inlet, which appears to be mounted under the dishwasher, but having looked, there is nothing under mine - simple question, but do I need to remove the bottom panel to get to this?

In addition, the reset option of turning on, pressing the mode button 4 times etc doesn't work with mine ... Is there another sequence for this model?

Am running out of options now, so wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas before I call the engineer?

The machine is 4 years old if that makes any difference?

Thanks
Phil

:)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response Leccy.

I've been through the codes and reasons for their failure and am concerned as to why I've had 2 different fault codes - E1 & E2.

They both point towards an issue with filling and/or water within the machine, but would be failures of separate parts - Aquastop, float switch or pressure switch.

Is it possible that these have all failed together or would one trigger the other to show a fault code?

Does anyone know where these are located on the machine and if they are easy to replace?

Thanks
Phil

SMEG error codes....

Well it keeps coming up, so someones got to do it.......

E1 - 1st flashing, 5th lit - flood protection system activated.
E2 - 2nd flashing, 5th lit - safety pressure switch activated.
E3 - 1st, 2nd flashing, 5th lit - no heat in time allowed.
E4 - 3rd flashing, 5th lit - temperature sensor fault.
E5 - 1st, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no fill.
E6 - 2nd, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no drain in time allowed.
E7 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd flashing - flow meter detected when not fitted - reset required.
E9 - same code as E1, so how you tell the difference is beyond me, but is a related fault to E1 + E2.

Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the programme button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse programme only.

Be advised that solenoid failure/ breakdown/poor connections can corrupt the board and cause unlisted faults.

Sponsored Links
some Smeg diswasher error codes for fully integrated dishashers with display. (Not the latest type)

E2 over fill detected, more likely though it is not overfilling, just thinks it is.
E3 not heating
E4 thermister disconnected or o/c
E5 no water fill
E6 heating detected with no water present
E7 not draining
E8 read error, rest and try again
E9 pause in test programme, not a fault code.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diplomat/Smeg E2

..... look in sump area about the 12 oclock position. if theirs a rubber flap valve....take it of and throw it away...this should solve prob........if not you need a new water break kit

Thanks Rocks1, most helpful.

There's no rubber flap in the sump, so will go through the reset procedure and see where we come out.

I've ordered 2 parts for it already, so will replace those once they arrive, but failing that, I think that the next step will be an engineer.

Just out of interest, if all else fails, are SMEG appliances actually any good? If I have to replace as repair is uneconomic, would I be better off going for a different make?

Hi

I'm getting a E1 code with a Smeg DWD1SSE-1 and occasionally an E5 as I try starting after a power off.

The re-set procedure above doesn't seem to apply as there are power, half load, eco buttons plus two rotary controls.

There was water in the bottom tray, when I first stripped off the bottom panel, but that may have been as a result of me pouring water into the machine to test the pump when it first refused to start (that pumped out ok)

The bottom tray is now quite dry and despite being left a week the machine still throws up E1. Sometimes a vibration can be felt in the aquastop block on the end of the filling hose, which I presume means it's activated as it stops when the power is switched off at the mains and only starts again after the E1 appears.

Any ideas where to start. I have the smeg schemetics showing all the parts, but my italian isn't too good to work out my Turbinetta from my Pressostato...

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back