laptop screen upside down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,hope you can help.
my daughter(9yrs old) has a advent laptop,running windows vista,last night she tried to watch a dvd on it but it wouldn't play,in frustration she slapped the right side of the keyboard,now everything on screen is upside down,i hate to say it but my flair for computing doesn't stretch to correcting the problem,but i'm confident someone out there can.(by the way the dvd in question is no good,it won't play on any player we've have but try telling that to a 9 yr old). many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Try a system restore to before she 'played' with it.

Then, to stop it happening again right-click on an empty area on the desktop, click on 'properties' then on the 'settings' tab followed by the 'Advanced' button. On here there is a tab relating to graphics, mine says 'Intel(R) Extreme Graphics' click on the tab then on the 'Graphics properties' button, choose the 'rotation' tab and remove the tick from the 'Enable Rotation' - remember to click 'apply'.

OR:

Try to press Ctrl+Alt+Upward Arrow keys on your keyboard at the same time as it's sometimes set as the HOTKEY for rotating the screen.

OR:

look on you laptop for the function button
its marked in a different color and has the letters fn on it...
now look on your keyboard for a button that shows a screen with arrows on it... or just try every button that is the same color as the fn button until the screen changes..

dave

Sponsored Links
Back