motion sensor and light switches how do you wire this up?

when the contactor coil is energised, the 3 ( or 4 ) sets of contacts close.

the left hand contact of the contactor is like a light switch, it turns the light on..
the middle contact is like the bypass button.. it turns the contactor on and since the contactor is on it keeps itself closed.. locking the contactor on until you interupt the power to it, which is what the timer does..

you'll have one of those "ah now i get it, it's so simple, why didn't I see it before" moments in a bit...

Sponsored Links
when the contactor coil is energised, the 3 ( or 4 ) sets of contacts close.

the left hand contact of the contactor is like a light switch, it turns the light on..
the middle contact is like the bypass button.. it turns the contactor on and since the contactor is on it keeps itself closed.. locking the contactor on until you interupt the power to it, which is what the timer does..

you'll have one of those "ah now i get it, it's so simple, why didn't I see it before" moments in a bit...

ah yes, i think understand what you mean here, so when the timeclock is energised the power to the light will go through the contacts on the left hand side is this right?

and when the lights are off, and the time clock is off, is it still possible to use the PIR to turn them on?

is it ok if you send me your email address or something in mail on here because i find your help very helpful

thanks

yeah that's it...

you can add an "OFF" switch by putting a push-to-break switch inline with the timer.. between the timer and the contactor..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back